4x4 Indicator Light

Fooled around with the spare money holder on the truck. Decided to swap in that nifty 242 Bezel I got and cleaned the other day.

My question is, does a non 4x4 MJ have the socket to fit on the mini-console to illuminate the 4x4 controls?

The cut-out is there, and there's some wires poking around, but giving them a tug didn't yield anything. Since I'm not pulling up that vinyl-jute carpeting anytime soon, I'm not going to investigate too deeply into it. I'm just curious. Would I be right in assuming it's there, since AMC had a thing for including all the sockets / wiring for everything not included on a given MJ?

"A fine example of an invisible 4x4 System." :yes: :(

My 5 speed had 1 light, in a socket. I swapped to an AW4 and spliced in another bulb for the shift bezel...BUT the light for the 4x4 was there...because it's a 4x4.

Orange wire with black stripe and a black wire, together, comes on with the headlights.

Looks like you don't have any "spare money" either :D

Looks like you don't have any "spare money" either :D

You'd be correct. :yes: 'Course, I only used that thing to hold all the pennies I'd accumulate from being on the road. Now I just store them in the armrest on the door panel.

Thanks guys :cheers: