Window/Door Rain Guards

I have searched multiple times for an answer to this with no luck so here it goes. I have found a Comanche for sale that is almost 100% rust free and in good running condition the only problem it has is the guard that is above the drivers door is rusted real bad( on other members rides it looks as if there is a chrome or black cover on this guard), from the looks of it it looks like this is a body seam where the roof meets the door frame. Has anyone ever ground this down flat or is grinding this off going to open up a can of worms?

Yeap that would be it the pass. Side is not to bad but the driver side looks like a jagged mess I'm planning on buying this truck any ways but just wondering if I would just be able to grind it down smooth or if doing that would it open the seam of the body

I have replaced them on two different MJs now. They have a really funky metal clip that holds them on.... ok actually like 4 or 5 along the row. If just that thing is rusted, pull it off and toss it out. Do a ebay search and replace it. If the track that holds it on is rusted, I don't know. Depends on how bad I guess, if you can sand it or not. But, yes, they are held on by really dumb holder things that will most likely break and give you head aches getting back on. I had my pass side on real nice till it flew off down the highway, God Bless parts trucks! Best advice, get a good rubber mallet and beat the hell out of it.... just don't bend the thing, they are cheap! Good Luck!