Looking for entire sliding rear window assembly.. *HELP*

So some jerk off threw a rock or something at my project MJ the other day and splintered up my rear windshield nicely... :mad:

Its a solid glass style but I would very much like to replace it with a split window if at all possible. I've kept an eye on the local JY as this has been a mod Ive had on the wishlist but obviously has been moved up on priorities. And catching a Comanche in the JY is feat in itself. Is it at all possible to purchase the entire assembly (preferably brand new)?

Thanks for any info!

-Jon

I will have to snap some in the morning for ya. The fitment was pretty good, and it looks OEM in my opinion. I did end up filling around the outside with some black caulk-type stuff just to make sure it didn't leak.

Its about as quality as they come, CR Laurence made the factory sliders if i recall correctly.

Cool, can't wait to check it out. And sounds like Ill be sure to do the same and get some extra silicone. My current window had a small, nuisance of a leak so I guess I'm taking care of two issues at once. And the price is reasonable enough in my opinion.

Last inquiry, How tricky is the install? Never having installed fixed automotive windows, should I bite the bullet and pay a professional to do it?

My review of the slider, which I am quite happy with now that it's been a few months.

Great product, but get it professionally installed.

Customer rating 4.0/5.0

March 6, 2012 By Oceanic815

Amazon Verified Purchase

The CR Laurence sliding rear window for 86-92 Jeep Comanche is well built and functional, however, please be aware of the following:

- The 'solar' tinting is darker than it appears in the image.

- The window includes sticky tape and four screws for installation.

- The curvature of the window is a bit much, which leaves gaps between the window frame and truck on the sides once it is installed

Professional installation at a professional auto glass shop is strongly recommended. The included instructions suggest using the sticky tape to hold the window in place, and the four included screws to hold the window to the truck. This method will lead to leaks as the sticky tape breaks down and will rely on the four small screws to hold the window in place. No rubber gasket is included; this window must be installed using black urethane rubber sealant to prevent leaks.

The curvature issue can be resolved by use of black urethane rubber sealant.

4/5 stars.

Thanks for the input guys :thumbsup: And for the pictures. The assembly looks awesome, I just ordered it and can't wait to get it in.

Definitely will be sure to have professional install and to mention the notes about the need for excess silicone.

But now... More pics of the blue Chevy jamminz.gif :drool: