97-01 cherokee buckets opinions

i was at the local pnp saturday and found a near mint gray cloth 97-01 xj bucket seat set.since they were only $30 a piece i grabbed them.i have been looking for the past 2 years for a decent set of mj or up to 95 xj buckets and they're either already gone or somehow in worse shape than my buckets.i knew from people on this board that the 97-01 buckets would make you sit slightly higher but i thought i could live with it.after about 2 hours with a welder and some scrap metal sunday i got the drivers seat in.i'm slightly less than disappointed in how it feels.i'm 6"2 and it just doesn't feel right driving init now.the headrest sits at the same height as the factory mj bucket but the bases are just too tall for a mj floor.has anybody else done the 97-01 buckets and regretted it?if so what kind of seats did you use then?i may weekend after next try and cut and weld some differnt brackets and see if it will feel better.i wish i would have just left my worn out mj bucket in it now.the seats felt nice in the xj i pulled them out of but not so much in my mj.

If you still have the MJ buckets, just take them to an upholsterer and have them redone. I have a lady that lives down the road from me that does that kind of work in her spare time - see if there is someone like that near you. Go into a quilt, or sundries shop and ask around - look at the bulletin boards, website, etc. For what it's worth.

If you don't have them, contact: Scotty's Jeep 14349 Whittram Ave, Fontana Ca 92335 Phone: (909) 829-4823 Fax: (909) 829-7667 or http://www.montanaoverland.com/index.htm