BA10 Help with aligning shift arms.

Ok so I just recently replaced my blown ba10 with a low mile ba10 for cheap. I replaced all the normal stuff clutch, slave cylinder etc. Everything went together great, bolted the drivetrain up filled it with oil. Then finally bolted in the shifter to check the shifting out. But to my surprise 1st-4th gears don't exist and 5th & Reverse are the new 1st & 2nd gears. LoL :???: What research I have done leans toward the shift arms inside the transmission needing alignment. I have exhausted every forum google had to offer trying to find info on how to align the shift arms of my ba10 with no usable instructions. Does someone here know how to do this? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Keep Jeepin'

comanche.gif

You left it in first gear when you pulled the shifter out; and then didn't install the shifter back in correctly. Pop it out and watch more closely where you're sticking the shift arm inside the trans; it goes in more than one way.

Another downside to the Puegot.

I've actually had this happen to me as well. Like abyx said, if you remove the shifter with it engaged in a gear slot, the shift arms inside can move/be bumped out of alignment when pulling the shifter out..... which makes trying to re-install the shifter a real pain. Remembering to put the shifter into neutral before removal keeps this from happening.

I simply used a long, sturdy, larger flat blade pry bar to move the shift arms to get them into the neutral position and then I was able to insert the shifter.

Ok I did it and it worked like a charm 1st-5th gears are good to go. Reverse didn't work but I will carefully pull the shifter back out and check to see what the issue is. I am also gonna take pics and create a little pic show on how to perform this task. Thank you guys so much. :clapping:

Alright now the tranny goes into all gears. But 5th & reverse do not engage when the clutch is released nothing happens at all. I can actually shift it into 5th & Reverse but something isn't engaging in the tranny. Is this the same issue???

:???: