anti-rattle clips

yeah...those doohickies

can someone pleeaassee post a picture of how these are supposed to be installed? when i got my calipers from rockauto, only one came with them. i called them, and they told me they werent even supposed to come with clips. Doesnt make much sense to me, considering there were calipers, semi-loaded calipers, and loaded calipers available. i ordered the loaded calipers...well if you think about it, the only things that can come with them are the pads and the clips so if my loaded ones werent supposed to have the clips, what do the semi-loaded ones come with? :shake:

anyways, i ordered two more, giving me a total of four....but i still couldnt figure out how to install them. my old ones were rusted and broken, looking nothing like these. so i fiddled for a while, thought i had it right, but it was a PITA and they still popped off before i could get both pads on. so right now i have everything together with NO clips. i still need to add fluid and bleed the system, but i need to put the clips on too and havent found any info on HOW they go on

can anyone help me?? :help:

Yes, they are a bit tricky. I don't have any pics and am not about to pull a wheel to take them. :D They are shaped like an elongated "C" as you know. The open part of the "C" must face AWAY from the rotor, otherwise the pad will rattle around in the caliper. You have to install the clips at the same time you install the pads - three hands would help. The clips will go on 180 out too with the open part of the "C" facing TOWARD the rotor. If installed this way it will cause brake squeal. :fs1: Even the FSM does say to install the bottom clip with the open end facing away from the rotor, but says nothing about the top clip that must be installed the same way.