WTT my buckets for your bench seat (Tampa, FL)

LobsterThief

Looking to trade my MJ's grey bucket seats for a grey or black bench seat in good shape.

I fabbed my own seat brackets using 1/4" steel bars (overkill much?), but now the seat sits 1.5-2" higher than the bench did. I'm 6'5" and I need all the headroom I can get :o

The seats are in excellent condition -- only one tiny cut on the passenger's seat (smaller than a dime). The seats slide forward and backward and tilt of course -- they're from a 4-door XJ so they don't flip all the way forward but with the sliding mechanism I've had no problems reaching stuff behind the seat :D

I also have a grey/black full center console (minus the shift boot/auto shift slider) that I'll be willing to trade for a mini console. I have a column shift so you can keep the boot/slider insert to put into your new full console.

Will post pics tomorrow. Thanks!

Here are the bracket pics from when I installed them. I'll get the actual pics of the seats installed later today.

d25WYh.jpg

Here are the pics. The dark spots in the photo are shadows, not dirt. Crappy lighting in the parking garage at work. They're in great shape. :cheers:

Also, the blue thing in the photo is my lumbar pillow -- it's not attached to the center console. The center console I painted grey with a black lid and black insert.

VUoXL.jpg

GaJZR.jpg

E8k0n.jpg

I have a free bench seat if you want it. Just come and pick it up! It could use a cleaning and the back has a tear in it that the previous owner taped closed. Let me know if you want it

RockMJ

I have a free bench seat if you want it. Just come and pick it up! It could use a cleaning and the back has a tear in it that the previous owner taped closed. Let me know if you want it

RockMJ

Sweet deal! Another CC member might come do the trade soon, but if that doesn't happen I'll hit you up :) Thanks!

Not a problem! I am in the process of cleaning out the Jeep parts collection, so in the next few weeks ill be tossing some stuff. Keep me posted

RockMJ

Will do. You don't have any rear fender flares, do you? Been trying to find some but the JYs around here don't seem to get any MJs in :ack:

Great meeting you today Zach let me know if you find any more tools laying around :roll: hope the ride on my old bench was fine, do you have a build thread at all?

Also ere are the seats I put them in and they feel great :cheers:

Brandon

Great meeting you today Zach let me know if you find any more tools laying around :roll: hope the ride on my old bench was fine, do you have a build thread at all?

Also ere are the seats I put them in and they feel great :cheers:

Brandon

Looks great in there! Yeah, the bench was nice. Unzipped the top and have it in the wash now -- gonna wash the bottom tomorrow.

Good meeting you too. I have a build thread (link below) but it's in desperate need of updating once I put my pictures together!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31837

Hey guys I'm in Tampa I have a 91 mj and 94 xj I just bought I want to fix up the mj but don't know anyone in the Tampa area with any knowledge on mjs let me know if you could be any help

We have a Florida specific thread going. Give the thread a look. Some of us are relatively local to you

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21258&start=120

RockMJ

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys I'm in Tampa I have a 91 mj and 94 xj I just bought I want to fix up the mj but don't know anyone in the Tampa area with any knowledge on mjs let me know if you could be any help

We have a Florida specific thread going. Give the thread a look. Some of us are relatively local to you

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21258&start=120

RockMJ

Just saw this! Awesome

I was actually looking to get rid of my bench. I already have a nice set of buckets to go in but I need the sliders off a 84-94 XJ and the MJ mounting brackets to get mine to work. The stupid yard wanted to charge me 30 bucks a piece for the sliders and I was like NO WAY... Anyway, the bench I have is in pretty good shape grey cloth with the only damage being 2 small cig burn holes... I will give it to you for just the MJ mounting brackets (not the adapters you made for the 95+ seats just the metal MJ brackets). If you have 84-96 seat belt clips I need those also. I live down in Parrish so about an hour drive.

Archived