Horn Acutator?

Not really sure if that's the right name for it, but I need a picture or a drawing of how it's setup from the factory on a 3 spoke setup. Preferably, how would one go about setting it up when changing from the "winged" steering wheel to a 3 spoke?

On the "winged" wheel, the acutaor looks like this:

And from what I gather, on a 3 spoker, it's a little cylinder shaft. I don't know whether or not it's welded or super glued, or something in there, but the last time I was at the P&P, I couldn't get the dang thing out. Is there some trick to it?

I don't have a picture but the stock horn has a plastic circle with a hole for the cylinder, and a spring (about the size of the spring in a ball point pen, which is what I'm using). The wire, as it's done in my truck, slides behind the cylinder, up against the spring and attaches to the column connector...looks like the same wire. Confused yet??

I put a Grant wheel in, the horn actuator was all f'd up, I did not like the smaller wheel so I swapped the stock 3 spoke wheel back in. I am probably not explaining it right but I got off the 4 am - noon shift today so it's been Beer 30 around here for three hours.

I don't have a picture but the stock horn has a plastic circle with a hole for the cylinder, and a spring (about the size of the spring in a ball point pen, which is what I'm using). The wire, as it's done in my truck, slides behind the cylinder, up against the spring and attaches to the column connector...looks like the same wire. Confused yet??

I put a Grant wheel in, the horn actuator was all f'd up, I did not like the smaller wheel so I swapped the stock 3 spoke wheel back in. I am probably not explaining it right but I got off the 4 am - noon shift today so it's been Beer 30 around here for three hours.

Haha, can't blame you. But I do understand the concept of it. :thumbsup:

Thanks Don. Didn't know they made aftermarket ones of these. :cheers: