Changing Oil sending unit!!!!!

Trying to finish up my full cluster swap and I ran into an issue with the oil sending unit. My question is after you unplug the wire, what all do you take out and how do you do it? I have the one that is shaped like a bell to put in there for the gauges. Do I remove the whole thing from the motor or what? Any advice is appreciated.

I don't understand the confusion.

Mine have all had a hex at the front and a kind of funky stamped hex at the back. I usuall just reach down there and twist it off with my hand. Channel locks would works too. Pipe wrench, crescent wrench, vise grips.

I don't understand the confusion.

Mine have all had a hex at the front and a kind of funky stamped hex at the back. I usuall just reach down there and twist it off with my hand. Channel locks would works too. Pipe wrench, crescent wrench, vise grips.

It's my first time changing one by myself and like I have said in the past I am not a mechanic and don't claim to be one. I like these trucks and figured I should do some of the stuff myself. I have never really seen a piece like that brass looking thing thats all. Once again all the advice is greatly appreciated,

:banana: