SnugTop Long Bed Shell in San Diego.

johnj92131

Shelbyluvv,

You have a PM about the shell.

For everybody else, I have two of these. First on is painted white to match the truck and was purchased by the trucks original owner in 1991. It has a crack over the rear glass that is 3 to 4 inches long and needs to be repaired eventually, then the shell will need to be repainted. Also the rear window needs to be reinstalled. Window struts are new and work great. Clearly my biggest expense on this shell is the repair and repaint.

The second SnugTop shell is an earlier production version by three or more years. Paint is original and still in decent condition. It has the original 6 factory clamps to hold the shell on and the rear window is in great condition. Rear struts need to be replaced.

Both shells are sitting on concrete at the moment and I only need one of them. Besides, the better half says to get rid of one of them by last September!

I got the second SnugTop by driving 325 miles north and back to San Luis Obispo last Sept./October and picking up a Craigslist find posted here. So would like to pass this on and get some help ($$) to repair the cracked/painted shell. Sound Reasonable?

• 2 months later...

This has gone to Shelbyluvv. It was picked up last Saturday. He had a Dodge 3/4 ton club cab with an 8 foot bed. Would you think it took us about 2 hours to load?

SnugTop shell is 2 inches too wide to get past the Dodge (full size) tailgate, finally had to pull his shell off, load the SnugTop, then remount his shell again. Good to meet you Mike!!!!

It was more work than I thought it would have been. The shell on the Dodge made the ride home with only 2 hold downs just fine. It shifted a bit in the windy areas of Desert Hot Springs. The MJ shell is still in the Dodge and will be for a few weeks. It is too much work to pull my shell off to get it out right now. It was a pleasure meeting you and Anita. You are great folks.

I did pick up some black interior parts and a MJ dana 44 on the way home. I will get my hitch next weekend.

Archived