Custom-fit intake?

2.8 or 2.5? Anyway before you go throwing money into an area that really doesnt have much effect on these trucks, when was the last time this truck had a tune up? You would be amazed at the difference just refreshing typical wear items will bring your truck back to life... Plugs, wires, cap/rotor and even a new ign. coil will make a noticable difference. Post up some details about your truck (engine/trans/tire size ect...) and we'll do our best to help ya along ;) :wrench:

On mine, I just used pieces of a cold air intake form a Mazda 3 that I had laying around.... just happened to fit. I made a bracket to support it, and have had no trouble. I'm not sure I saw any performance gain or not, but it sure didnt hurt anything. Another thing I did was remove the engine driven radiator fan, and installed an electric one. That too didnt make much if any differance, but every little bit helps on the 2.5. Gearing is what helped me the most, but if you have a 4wd 5 speed, you already should have 4:10 axle gears. Mine was a 4 speed and was 3:55, so going to 4:10 made a big difference. Another thing with the 2.5 is to not expect too much. If you do, you WILL be dissappointed. Keep your expectations low, and youll be OK.

You won't notice much if any improvement unless you were to do an exhaust with it and that would still be pretty minimal, I agree with the above, the ignition coil, plugs, cap, rotor, and wires will do you some good.