Engine doesn't start

Hey guys

I have a 88 4cyl 2.5 that doesn't start..... I just replaced the fuel pump and fuel tank and fuel filter did a whole tune up to the truck.... It's getting fuel and getting spark but just doesn't start over.... I've believe it might be the timing is off.... Since Ive gotten the truck it didn't start but I've started it with starter fluid but now it dosnt at all

Do u guys think it might be timing is off? I mean the po said he rebuilt the mOtor but that's to believe that he told me he replaced the fuel pump andwhen I brought it down the tank and fuel pump deteriated

There are a multitude of factors that it could be.

Are you sure it is getting fuel and spark?

Has it ever run since the PO rebuilt the engine?

It could be the distributor isn't in there correctly. It could be the computer is faulty.

Is everything hooked up? Are the spark plug wires in the correct locations?

It's difficult to diagnose without being there.

Give us as much information as you can.

:hmm:

Ok well the previos owner told me that when he rebuilt the motor it ran but I ran very rough and he decidEd to do a swap and he removed the basic stuff by I see slot of vacuum lines that's missing from the ....... I have fuel and have the correct firin order in the wires and cap and I have spark but what's scaring me is the distributor I'm jot sure if it's placed in right..... But how would I diagnose it?

Also when I try to start it... It tries to crank but doesn't turn over what I tried doing is taking off the cover to the throttle body and it's creating sparks in there

Idk but I remember in a carb engine and when it would spark like that it would mean that the timing is off but don't know where it. Might be from the distributor but I wouldn't know how to replace the distributor.... I've ton to school to learn about cars but mainly about fuel injection not throttle body or carb

Thanks