hear scary noise coming form my MJ please help

I finally got my truck back on the road and it passed inspection so I have drove it about 50 miles yesterday and last night on my way home it started make a small little sound coming from the front axle that sounds like a brake pad dragging and it got louder and louder. the other thing is i can't tell if it is the right or left side. so today I looked at the rotors on both side and i could not see nothing out of the normal there was no rock or nothing. so I checked my wheel bearings and they where a little loose so i tightened them and drove the truck around the neighborhood and the noise is still there but it sound not as loud but the noise is still there. :fs1: :headpop: :mad: :fs2: soapbox.gif :wall: I am tired of f'ing with it I just want to curse and go off road comanche.gif

I don't Know I think i put standard duralast brake pads

If they are metallic and no anti squeal was applied that could do it or there is always the chance that a sliver of metal in the pad is " backwards facing" and in the case there is really nothing you can do about it and it will continue to squeal until the culprit is worn away.

Does the sound go away when you brake?

The fluid is low but and i have to add some but the sound is like a pad hitting a high stop on a rotor. but i will add fluid tomorrow to see if it goes away but I always thought that the power steering pump sounds like a whining sound when it runs low. :dunno:

before you go and buy anything, first. . .

1. Jack up the front end of the ground and rotate the tires by hand and listen.

2. If you can hear the noise but can't pinpoint it, take the tires off

3. Once the tires are off continue rotating, listening and looking

have you done a brake job recently?

before you go and buy anything, first. . .

1. Jack up the front end of the ground and rotate the tires by hand and listen.

2. If you can hear the noise but can't pinpoint it, take the tires off

3. Once the tires are off continue rotating, listening and looking

have you done a brake job recently?

I have already done those steps but I didn't here the noise this is what has me stumped and yes it has new brake pads in front and the rotors are not new but they are still good. :dunno: