power steering pitman and reservoir questions

Just swapped the old leaky steering box for one off a 96 wj. I hate ps fluid. Anyway, my old ressie cracked and I got a new one from crown auto delivered today. There are two little plastic parts seperately floating around the box. I don't know if they are needed for the mj/xj application. Anyone know?

Secondly, I don't have a 1 1/16th" socket for the pitman arm nut. Got it off with an adjustable, how can I torque this back down sufficiently?

Thanks!

Tom

as for you resivor (or anything that you take apart) your always supose to have extra parts..... for doing it right and torque'ing the pitman arm i have thought long and hard...... perhaps the correct tools such as.............. a TORQUE WRENCH

as for you resivor (or anything that you take apart) your always supose to have extra parts..... for doing it right and torque'ing the pitman arm i have thought long and hard...... perhaps the correct tools such as.............. a TORQUE WRENCH

Which also means you're still going to have to shell out for that 1 1/16" socket.

oh the cost of working on rigs. you could always just tighten it with a cresent wrench and have the nut fall off in the near future

are you just being a jackass in your last two posts? If you could read, I didn't end up with extra parts, the new part had extra pieces with it, which I figured out. Thanks for wasting my time, but more unbelievably, yours. And what's a resivor? I don't make my living working on "rigs," but I sure as hell know how to spell.

After I changed my pitman arm I realized I didn't have the right socket to torque it back on, so I tightened it as much as I could with a big crescent wrench. The next day I got the correct socket and torqued it on. The idiot at Sears charged me for the 1/2"-3/4" (I think) adapter but not the socket. :roll: The adapter was like $5 while the socket was at least $20... If they can't train their employees correctly, then it's their own fault. :D

I don't have a 1 1/16th" socket for the pitman arm nut. Got it off with an adjustable, how can I torque this back down sufficiently

lol you ask a dumb question so youll get a dumb answer. my spelling sucks, but i make alot of money using my common sense. ill take that over spelling anyday. hookd on phonix didnit wurk fer me!

Boots - that's what I meant, thanks. I got it on there good enough to take it on the short ride to get the socket and crank it down.

4359 - you can't be too smart and not be able to spell, especially since the word was already spellled right earlier in the thread

You know who else is dumb and makes "a lot of money?" The Kardashians. I'd rather ask dumb questions. Thanks for being the dumb question police, must be a busy job here. :thumbsup:

At least I know how to drive. Now that's funny. Why don't you spend some of that money and get yourself a decent place to work on your trucks? PS I sold you the spare tire winch a couple of months back, so always a good idea to alienate people who have worked with you in the past. :dunce:

roll2r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dude if i was embarassed about that pic i wouldnt have posted it at the start of my build thread :rotfl2: i have no problem admiting when i do dumb things or make mistakes, and i can handle being laughed at and not act like a teenage girl when it happens. as far as the garage, its down the road. i happened to pay for both of these instead of building a shop. oh, i didnt buy a spare tire winch from you. havent bought one at all, so it seems you can't figure out how to tighten a nut or rember who you sold junk to. seems like your little fealings got hurt by being laughed at. and now your trying to dig up stuff the I have posted to embarass me, how pitiful..... but funny. dig a little deeper and see what else you can find :cheers: hell here's my photo bucket account to help you

Yeah, you're right, I should just let it slide when some douche hijacks a tech thread -- not once, but twice. Everyone else who replied seemed to understand what I was getting at, but no one else acted like, or continues to act like, a fool. I didn't have to hunt very far to find your flipped xj and ghetto work space, but you mentioned how much money you make, despite being illiterate. You could have let it slide when I shot back, but you want the last word, and I'm supposed to be impressed by a Jetta? Lol!

Maybe I was wrong about the winch, but I have two emails from you saying you wanted tto buy it, and it went to Seatac, so who knows? My junk parts; with your money, I'm sure you'll buy nos.

So, given that, I sound like a teenage girl? I'm gonna guess that anyone else reading this can see who the b*@$£ is. Whats next, you have more friends than me? This is the place to ask questions, dumb or not. I've seen plenty, answered some, and seen all of them handled without the posters trying to make the questioner look like a fool.