'86 Stock Height

Looking for the height from the ground to the flare. If anyone could get me this measurement, I'd be greatly appreciative. I'm trying to figure out the lift height that is on my Comanche after doing a one ton axle swap and 38.5's, reason I'm looking for the ground to flare instead of the normal middle of the hub to the flare measurement.

Guess I should add a bit of info about when the Jeep was stock...'86 Comanche X, 2.8L, AX5, NP207, 30/35

I can look, but my 86 has a bit bigger tires than stock. Is approximately close enough?

Approximately works, I appreciate it. I have 4.5" coils which look sagged, plus a little over an inch from the coil mount, plus the axle, plus the 1.75" spacer. I can tell from the way she sits that that isn't 8" of lift so just trying to get a round about number right now.

Height from the ground doesn't tell you anything, because just changing the tire size changes that measurement. Measure from the center of the axle/hub to the underside of the flare. Stock:

Front: 17-1/2"

Rear: +/- 20-1/2"

Height from the ground doesn't tell you anything, because just changing the tire size changes that measurement. Measure from the center of the axle/hub to the underside of the flare. Stock:

Front: 17-1/2"

Rear: +/- 20-1/2"

You are true that it will take the tire size into account but this MJ is so modified that that measurement is really of no use to me anymore. The front axle is now a Dana 60HPas well as a few inches of front stretch and trimming that I'm not sure of where to measure to on the fender. I got measurements before I trimmed from the ground and am just trying to figure out where the Jeep sits. I do know that I will have to subtract the tire size from my measurements but that is simpler than trying to find all the metal that was cut off and trying to piece the front end together.

You are true that it will take the tire size into account but this MJ is so modified that that measurement is really of no use to me anymore.
Then why are you asking for a measurement to the flare? I'm saying to measure to the flare, too -- but from a reference point that relates directly to the chassis.

Thanks for the numbers. I have a tool box all the way in back filled with tools so it's like a snow load. That means I'm running about 7" up front and 5" in back, way too high. :mad:

Now to figure out how to flatten my stock springs some!