'88 2x4 short bed 4cylinder for sale in Hutchinson, Ks $600

starkizer

yeahthat.gif

1988 Jeep Comanche, 2 Wheel Drive, 4 Cylinder motor I put in I think from an S10. Short bed. I assume base model? Stick Shift. It has the idiot light set up on instrument panel. I put the seats in it from a Cherokee. They are poorly bolted down and the driver side IS NOT bolted down anymore. It ran just fine last I started it. This is being sold as is where is, intended as a project. About 4 years ago the starter went out on me and I parked it. 2 Years ago (approx) I moved so when it came time to leave I banged on the starter and it fired right up. It has been sitting in my back yard since then. It will need to be towed from my back yard. I am sorry but I can not move it for you. Bring a trailor. I am missing a few lug nuts and the right front brake caliper isnt hooked up. The instrument cluster and other parts of the dashboard need put back together. The speeodmeter cable end is broken. Therefor the odo is inaccurate. However, with the newer motor in it anyway, it was already off. The windshield will need replaced. The body is in good shape, no dents or dings. The bumpers are both dented which should be easy enough to replace. Oh, and the Ignition switch itself should be replaced. I ran a button under the dash you can see in one of the pictures. I always just turned the key on and pushed the button. Clean title in hand. Thanks for looking.

So to sum it up.... Great PROJECT truck, Ran fine as of a few years back. needs work. AS IS WHERE IS. $600.00 Hutchinon, Kansas. You tow it.

starkizer@yahoo.com if you want to see it, email me.

Added some new pictures to show passanger side. Sorry its so hard to get a good picture. Its next to a tree and the city says I have to have it covered which is a pain. Anyway, new pictures show surface rust. The truck is 23 years old after all. From what I can tell it is in fact surface rust, nothing a can of paint won't fix, which as you can see it needs anyway. I have NOT looked under the rubber floor mat where there is normally a ton of rust. Other things I thought of, I posted that the driver side window is plexiglass and needs replaced. Also the Clutch master is NOT connected, it WORKS FINE I had planned on taking it out to put in my other truck and then ended up just buying a new one. Also, same thing for the Right front brake caliper. Planned on using the part and bought a new one. IT WORKS JUST FINE, but is disconnected. This is a great project truck that simply needs put back together or make it a trailor and part it out. The engine and wheels are worth 600 bucks. Again, email me if interested or if you need more pics I will try my best. Thanks again for checking it out.

I will let you know if I scrap it, but the mirrors are after market. I think there like a universal thing I got at Walmart for like 20 bucks or something......... Which reminds me for everyone else, the driver side window is plexiglass. It was broken into.

That's interesting about the mirrors. Almost all MJs had the mirrors that are located in the front corner of the window, just in front of the vent window (whether fixed or operable). My 1989 MJ originally came with the type of mirrors you have on your truck, and not the more common kind. My mirrors were replaced with the more common type by the PO, but he did not repair the holes where the original mirrors were located, and you can see the outline in the paint where the original mirrors attached to the door. I have seen only one other MJ with those type mirrors--in a junkyard in NC. I thought your mirrors were OEM, but I guess I should check out replacing them with whatever fits.

If you werent so far away :fs1:

Sorry! I wish I wasn't so far either. Kansas is smack dab in the middle, everybody that seems interested is to far in one direction or the other. It's gonna make someone a great project, parts or trailer. Apparently just not anyone in Hutch, ks.

Well not to keep teasing people or anything but I'm gonna keep it posted until it sells and keep bumping it. I refuse to let it get junked as much as I need the money I love these trucks to much to just junk it. I know it will find a good home for a project if I keep it up here. It was my first truck and it made me fall in love with Jeep. (violin starts playing sadly in the background) and come on, I've seen people sell things on here in far worse condition for way more then the 600 I'm asking. Oh well, ill keep bumping till it finds a home.

:D

Well, Ive been scammed. Luckily I caught on to it before anything happened but I think Its getting close to time to junk this thing. I really don't want to. What do you guys think is $600.00 to much to ask for her or is there another reason shes not selling? I figure you guys are the experts so help me out :)

$600 seems fair but it is a 2wd and folks just are not throwing their money around. Clean it up and touch up the black panels and it will sell. A month ago there was a WTB Comanche ad in the Manhattan CL. Check that out.

Remember, scrap value would be around 200-300, so if you could sell it for 400 you would be better off.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about scrap value and what not. I figure it boils down to push and shove, There is always adds the the local paper that say buying vehicles running or not. I just really hope that someone buys it and restores it, I just hate to see Jeeps of any kind go to junk yards, especially a Comanche.

Archived