M.A.P. Sensor Question

The insert in my throttle body that the vacuum hose to the M.A.P. sensor has had a history of coming out from time to time, so it's one of those things that I check frequently. It popped out on me the other day, so I finally decided that it was time to do something about it. I unplugged the hose and took the rubber connector out of the T.B., cleaned it and the holes in the T.B. with some acetone, carefully applied some Permatex black gasket maker to it and sealed it back in. Hopefully this will solve the problem. While I had the connector out, I notice that in addition to the hole that the M.A.P. hose goes in, there is another one above it. I can't believe that this would have been designed to have an open hole with no filtration, etc. going right into the intake system. I've researched my available sources to see if there is another hose or fitting or plug that had been removed, but can find no mention or pictures regarding this. Anybody out there know? By the way, we're talking '88 Renix. Thanx.

I put a screw in mine, even though it doesn't do anything for it but to plug the hole.

You can pull the rubber piece out of the TB and see what I mean.

The extra hole is a keeper hole. It goes nowhere, no other end so putting a plug or a screw in it does zip. It's just there to orient the MAP line and keep it in place. You can easily put some RTV on it to hold it in better.

doesn't do anything for it but to plug the hole.

The extra hole is a keeper hole. It goes nowhere, no other end so putting a plug or a screw in it does zip. It's just there to orient the MAP line and keep it in place. You can easily put some RTV on it to hold it in better.

yeahthat.gif I'm pretty sure that's what I said...