Clutch master cylinder

My CMC is leaking into the fuse box on my 88 MJ.

what is the going price for a new one? The Auto parts store near me wants $77-$129 depending on the bore? why would there be a diffrence in bores

for the same make and year of MJ?

I had to deal with this issue not long ago. The difference in bores is something that I couldn't figure out. I ended up going to NAPA and telling them that I had an 87 with an AX-15, not the original Puegueot. They sorted it out for me. I imagine the different bores could be because of that reason. I'd call the parts store and get someone knowledgable, or just tell them a year that has the tranny you have if it's not original

FWIW, over on the NAXJA forum so many people have reported that aftermarket clutch hydraulics don't last lonbger than 6 months, I would not consider buying anything but factory. especially for the master cylinder because when it leaks it also takes out the fuse panel. Yes, it's pricey, but somewhere there is an on-line source for factory parts that sells for a bit over dealer cost. I don't have the link but I believe it has been posted recently on the NAXJA forums.

My el crapo clutch master I bought from Pep boyz lasted me all of about 6 months, a bit over 15K miles FWIW....

I'm gonna try to limp it along a few more months 'till I can afford a dealership one.

I paid da man, both now and later :(

Jeff

yeah I got mine at autozone for like $30. I don't expect it to last long. I built a hood over the connectors and wires in the firewall, and above the fuseblock to protect it. It's some ghetto sheetmetal, but I don't want to go through the fusebox again