brake system problems need help asap I want my Mj back

I have a brake problem with my 1989 mj their is a valve or something above the the rear axle and it has a arm that hang down, the brake line connected to it and it is leaking brake fluid like crazy and i need a new one . i think it is a rear proportioning valve or something. i tryed searching for it on the autozone website but i can find it. please help i want my mj back on the road soon :wall: :wall: :wall:

in theory it'll add a bit more power to the rear. didn't really notice anything different in my 88. :dunno: if you did have an issue with the rears locking up, there are aftermarket prop valves out there you could use. they don't adjust with the little swing arm though.

if there are any prop valves left, they are a dealership-only item. :(

I picked up everything I needed at autozone. I did some other work at the same time, so I can't give a parts list. someone else might be able to help with that.

be very careful with the brake wrench, as the years of corrosion might make it difficult to take things apart and the more you break, the more you'll need to replace.

I removed mine and redid my whole system with the upgraded booster and an aftermarket adjustable proportioning valve. I have part numbers and everything worked that I listed. I ended up needing more than 25' of 3/16 brake line, 25' was enough to do the full rear-to-front system but not for the front brakes (which you might not care about).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32143

I finished the swap but haven't put the final pics up yet (maybe tonight) or install steps. Anyway, on pavement I've been running with full rear bias with an empty bed so I don't think you'll have a problem with the T-fitting solution for a semi-permanent fix. Once it snows I'll back off the rear bias but you might not care about snow in your location and driving habits.

Alternatively, I saved my load-sensing valve and it seemed to be in OK shape, if you want it.