No signals

So on my 87 comanche the signals don't seem to be working, I checked the fuse and it was good. The 4 way flashers work and the indicator on the dash works when they are on. When the signal is activated nothing happens and the lights on the dash don't come on either? What could that be? Hopefully get some answers soon so I can fix it tomorrow and have it slightly more street legal.

Thanks

The 4 ways pull a heavier electrical load, that may make the old T/S flasher work for now, but I would still take it to the parts store to get a new one. The 4 way that you plugged into the T/S is a heavy duty flasher. This is the same flasher that you would replace the regular flasher with if you had a towing setup and needed it to make the lights flash at normal rate. Get another heavy duty one and youll never have another problem with them.

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me, although it was both the 4ways and the turn signals that stopped working. I tried replacing the flashers and that didn't work, both fuses were good to. It ended up being that both fuses at the same time had bad contact in the fuse box.

I'm thinking that's a really bad thing and a hint that my clutch fluid is eating my fuse box, but I'm going to try cleaning the contacts with some sand paper first to see if that helps. I don't have the time to replace/move my fuse box right now, I'm hoping that I can make it through to the spring at least.