Quick fix for broken CAD...

Last winter I had some cable stretch issues on my pto cable-controlled CAD setup, and when trying to adjust it my dumb :mad: ss ended up snapping the shift fork. In a pinch with big time snow outside I made up this simple plate with a fork welded on:

Locks you in 4wd. If you want 2wd, just remove it and rotate it half a turn. Not the prettiest thing, but very simple and effective, so I figured I would post it just in case someone is searching for a quick solution in the future.

comanche.gif

Locking the CAD does not lock you in 4wd. It simply locks the two pieces of the axle shaft together. Putting the 4wd shift lever into 2wd still disconnects the front driveshaft, putting you in 2wd. Leave your fix in the locked position and forget about it.

Locking the CAD does not lock you in 4wd. It simply locks the two pieces of the axle shaft together. Putting the 4wd shift lever into 2wd still disconnects the front driveshaft, putting you in 2wd. Leave your fix in the locked position and forget about it.

:agree: i've had something similar to this in for over a year. works great,- just leave it in. makes a lot more sense than those cable-thingys (unless you need 2wd low for some reason).

You know what I meant by locks you in 4wd.

As for leaving it year round, I do 99% street driving, and a lot of it. So as far as I'm concerned, anything I can do to limit wear on the toothpick d30 is worth the 5 minute flip.