Input on this 2" lift I'm putting together

So I'm looking at upgrading the suspension on my 89 RWD 2.5L Comanche, 177,000KM. Truck has, and will continue to have 30" tires, 9.5" wide, stock 7" rims. I want to do it right since I spend a fair amount of time in the back country, logging roads mostly.

I am thinking of putting together the following kit:

-New leaf packs with an extra leaf to give 2" of lift. (Not sure if originals are shot but I figure it will help the ride)

-Moogs variable rate coils for a V8 ZJ 1997 grand cherokee 4x4

-New shocks, still researching which ones.. welcome to sugestions

-WJ lower control arms

I am looking for a soft ride to help smooth out these logging roads I frequent. What do you guys think? Am I missing anything? Any input is appreciated. Thanks, Ryan

you can get some chevy drop shackles if you want something cheaper than leaf springs

I have the Moog 1997 V8 ZJ 4x4 variable rate springs and love them! you will be happy!

as for the shocks i would get the lift put together then measure what you need to get rather than getting beforehand and not get the correct size.

i hear good things about the XJ LCAs that is something i plan to do in the future

Well I read on here that drop shackles will wear your leaf springs faster, not sure how much faster but they are already 21 years old. I am going to ask if they can refurbish the leaf packs and add another leaf as well, might be a cheaper option. I asked a local spring manufacturer about a quote when I was looking at doing a 3" lift and they told me around 300 each. I am thinking it will come in cheaper if I only want 2" extra lift, still Pricy though...

I would slap in a main leaf from an SUA truck (cut off the eyes and add it in under the current main) and add in the longer shackle. Might even add in another leaf from that junkyard pack, depending on how sagging your packs are. I do believe that HellCreek makes an AAL that is essentially a main leaf minus the eyes. comes with new center pins and clamps. Be sure to closely inspect your old packs for broken leafs.