wheel spacers

i was thinking of getting some wheel spacers (the spidertrax brand) to widen the track on the xj. i know that it can cause increased wear on bearingas and such. do any of you run them, and what are your feelings about them.

I ran them for a while....finally removed them as I couldn't keep them tight and this mfg dosen't recomend lock titeing them on...they said after a couple of re-torqueing they will stay tight. Well they didnt.

Plus theye are not DOT legal for road use. So you would be held liable if something happened that in any way involved your rim mounting.

I've run them on my Jeeps before without any problems. I always used locktite on them though. I don't mind using them on my trail Jeeps. I don't think it would probably be the best idea to use them on a daily driver. But, I'm sure people have successfully.

good to know about the dot thing. did you like them on there tho? aside from the constant retorqing/

They worked just fine. kept the wider tires out of the LCA's?

I WOULD use them again. Just didnt like the re-torquing problems. After many back and fourth posts with Pat, (PONG) on this topic, I would just lock tite them and call it good. Why this mfg dosen't recomend it whale Spyder trax does is a mystery...

CW

I ran the spider trax spacers on my Rubicon for almost a year with the stock Moab wheels. I used red loctite and had no problems. I checked the torque every 3000 miles and they never came loose. I only removed them to put on my 16x10 wheels.