dismantle Shifter

If your shifter knob is threaded on, then you should have a locking nut at the base of the knob. Turn the nut clockwise to loosen from the knob. Once it clears the base of the knob, turn the knob counter-clockwise to unscrew. When re-installing, turn nut counter-clockwise to tighten against the base of the knob. Don't over tighten or you can crack the base of the knob.

Well, having gone thru this myself I don't think he's talking about the knob. I mean really, if ya' can't figure out how to take the knob off...!! However, the squarish connector further down will come off with some heat to soften up the rubber and a good pulling. I hurried the process along a bit by jamming a screw driver and a piece of aluminum stock in there and working it loose.

I put it back together with some RTV and just pushed it back in there. Still going strong.

Well, having gone thru this myself I don't think he's talking about the knob. I mean really, if ya' can't figure out how to take the knob off...!! However, the squarish connector further down will come off with some heat to soften up the rubber and a good pulling. I hurried the process along a bit by jamming a screw driver and a piece of aluminum stock in there and working it loose.

I put it back together with some RTV and just pushed it back in there. Still going strong.

Oh, that part. I cut mine with a porta band.