My puke goat is dying from a fluid change

I can't believe it :!: I give the goat some fresh juice and it starts knocking and racheting and everything else. I tried 80-90w it was knocking so I thought I give it valvealine syn 75w 90 and still knocking. I guess the only option now is pull it out and take it out back and shoot it. I'm going to a ax15 and so far I've found out that you have to>>>

change the input shaft on the np231 to a long 1/2" 23 spline.

get the bellhousing with the tranny for a 4.0l that has the crank sensor cutout. I'm planning on using my internal slave so an ax15 from 89-94?

get the trans mounts that goes with the ax15.

Well if anyone can think of anything else I would appreciate your input.

Let me know if all cherokee's with the ax15/(using my np231) from 89-94 will be bolt on. thanks "The goat killer"

you might want to just grab an AX-15 that has the t-case with it. I can't imagine a junkyard T-case would cost much more than a new input shaft, especially if you're buying a combo. Why stick with the internal slave? I need to replace my grinding AX-15 and I fully intend on going to the external, it's just a whole loat easier to fix if the slave cylinder dies.

I believe so. I just had this conversation with Peter. So He'l probably drop in on this. You have to adapt your clutch hydraulic hose to the external slave sylinder. It's just a compression fitting. There may be some other small items like bearings and such, but you should be replacing those anyway if you're going to have the tranny out. I've been doing a lot of research on it, and it's bascially a drop in affair.

junkyards are too high. They all think there stuff is gold or something. I'm just gonna find a private party that has a cherokee with a blown motor for around 100 to 300 bucks and canabalize it and sell it for a parts car or donate it to the junk yard. Thats why I asked about the differences between ours and the cherokees. I've read so much that I can't remember now what I read about the cherokees being clocked differently. I guess I can call advance adapters to get the low down.

I can't believe it :!: I give the goat some fresh juice and it starts knocking and racheting and everything else. I tried 80-90w it was knocking so I thought I give it valvealine syn 75w 90 and still knocking. I guess the only option now is pull it out and take it out back and shoot it. I'm going to a ax15 and so far I've found out that you have to>>>

change the input shaft on the np231 to a long 1/2" 23 spline.

get the bellhousing with the tranny for a 4.0l that has the crank sensor cutout. I'm planning on using my internal slave so an ax15 from 89-94?

get the trans mounts that goes with the ax15.

Well if anyone can think of anything else I would appreciate your input.

Let me know if all cherokee's with the ax15/(using my np231) from 89-94 will be bolt on. thanks "The goat killer"

Did you do the post about putting mineral oil or something like that from NAPA? I would still think about the Redline MT-90, maybe see if you can get your $ back if it doesn't work. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

The Cherokees are exactly the same clocking as the MJ. It's the TJ/YJ that has a different clocking. Try car-part.com for junkyard parts.

As to the ex/in slaves, the bellhousings are different and you'll need all the stuff inside the bellhousing. I adapted my late model ex slave line to my stock master line with a $2 compression fitting from the hardware store. Has worked flawlessly for almost 3 years now.

and yes, I agree that it's usually easier to grab a tranny/t-case combo than trying to adapt spline counts. Plus, that gives you a lower mileage t-case. Non-running XJs can be a source of parts, but if you can't test drive it, you're stuck with trusting the seller. Junkyards should have a warrantee of some sort so you aren't screwed if the parts are bad.

Jeep on!

--Pete