'97-01 Cherokee Front End Parts/Conversion NC

Rymanrph

I have a front end conversion for a '97+ Cherokee. I have the header, grill, headlight buckets, front and side markers, wiring harness, fenders, flares and front fender brackets. They have some dents and scratches, but nothing that can't be addressed when you're painting to match your truck.

I'd like to sell them to someone on the Comanche Club forums, but I'm posting them on Craigslist too for a quick sale. $250 obo. I may open to trades depending on what you have. 704-807-2055.

I think the only thing I "need" is window regulators for my '88; I'd like to convert to electric. I'd like factory fogs for my '97 conversion, some lights to go on my roll bar, trailer hitch, slim fit 10" sub and amp, etc. Just let me know what you have and are willing to trade. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Interested...but tell me more about the scratches and dents...I assume they are in the fenders.

Depending on condition, I may prefer to pass on the fenders.

I have a pair of factory fog lights from my '97 XJ with brackets, hardware, etc that were removed when I installed a front winch bumper.

My father-in-law will be in Concord over Thanksgiving weekend, so if you would deliver to Concord, we may be able to work something out.

Interested...but tell me more about the scratches and dents...I assume they are in the fenders.

Depending on condition, I may prefer to pass on the fenders.

I have a pair of factory fog lights from my '97 XJ with brackets, hardware, etc that were removed when I installed a front winch bumper.

My father-in-law will be in Concord over Thanksgiving weekend, so if you would deliver to Concord, we may be able to work something out.

The dents are in the fenders. Its hard to capture them in just a picture. I may be able to take a video to highlight them if you're interested. I know some people are less picky than others and wouldn't care. If I were putting them on my truck, unless the paint color was exactly the same, I would have the dents removed and painted. I guess it just depends on what kind of shape the rest of your truck is in. If they were white, I would put them on my '88 and not worry about it until I painted the whole truck. If you really want '97+ fenders, I can make a deal with you. What kind of condition are your fogs in?

I can definitely deliver to Concord, that would be no problem.

The fogs were operable when I removed them and they have been stored indoors since. They are in my work warehouse...I can take pics if you need to see them. They are still attached to the complete front bumper which I removed as a unit when I put the winch bumper on.

My winch bumper has fog lights made into it. I clipped the connectors from my fogs to install on my new lights so that they would work with the factory harness. Aside from that, I am not aware of any issues.

The fogs were operable when I removed them and they have been stored indoors since. They are in my work warehouse...I can take pics if you need to see them. They are still attached to the complete front bumper which I removed as a unit when I put the winch bumper on.

My winch bumper has fog lights made into it. I clipped the connectors from my fogs to install on my new lights so that they would work with the factory harness. Aside from that, I am not aware of any issues.

If you get a chance, I wouldn't mind seeing a shot of them. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
They don't look too bad, but I'm worried there isn't enough wire left to attach new plugs to. Are they sealed units or can you replace the bulbs?

i wouldnt worry about the wires, get a grommet that is solid and poke two tiny holes in it and press or squeeze the wires throught it,.... ive done it often and have had no problems.... :thumbsup: .... you could also add HID's while your in there and blind all the possums at night.... :clapping:

and they look sealed but i can't really tell... ive redone several sets of older huge hella fogs buy putting them in the oven at low temps to soften glue holding the glass to the housing. you can clean the glass and the inside of the housing...

and if they are rusted really bad you can either have them rechromed (if they are metal) or just use the chrome spray paint, after a good sanding and spraying really light coats cause it runs real easily... then put back together with super grey engine silicone...... lights are always bright as hell and cost way less than new lights...!!! just my two pennies !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Do you still have everything? Wondering about the condition of the header panel. Hard to find one in decent shape over here in ILM. Do you happen to have the 97+ bumper too.

I still have everything. I won't be back at home until Friday evening, but I believe the header panel is in decent shape. I don't remember any major cracks in the fiberglass, but it has been a while since I examined it. The paint is in OK condition. It doesn't look new, but it would look fine on a red truck. Unfortunately, I do not have the matching bumper, but I imagine the bumper is a lot easier to come by than the header panel and fenders since its a commonly upgraded part. If you'd like I can take a closer look at it and get some more pictures this weekend.

yeah that will be great. I got your number and will try to give you a ring later this week. I'm in Charlotte luckily for the next couple of weeks so the drive will not be too bad.

yeah that will be great. I got your number and will try to give you a ring later this week. I'm in Charlotte luckily for the next couple of weeks so the drive will not be too bad.

I work in Charlotte during the week and then go back to Albemarle on the weekends, so I can bring them back with me to Charlotte next week so you don't have to drive all the way out to Albemarle to look at them. Just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived