New guy here.

jeepjerry

Hi!

I'm Jerry and from SE Wisconsin. Been a jeep guy since i started driving. Ive owned one MJ but only for about a month since it was mostly rotted and gone. Looks like i'll be picking my second one up in a few weeks. Its an 87 shortbed 4x4. Ive built quite a few jeeps in the past few years and would post pics of them all if photobucket would cooperate. I drive a 05 Wrangler unlimited on 35"s daily and a 81 wagoneer a lot. My girlfriend drives a '89 cherokee pioneer on a 6.5" and 35"s daily and currently building a 97 on 33"s to make the 89 a designated off-roader. I also have the first jeep i got when i was 15 which is my 76 cj-5 that is on a 5" lift and 35"s and powered by a strong running AMC 360. I picked up a really clean '77 J20 pickup at the end of last year which is waiting for its 401 to be built. Ive had a few other XJs so I'm familiar with the platform. I'm glad to have gotten my hands on an MJ to build. Ive been wanting one for a while. My grandpa worked at American Motors and built the things. He has owned a few of them and one up until a couple years ago. He also gave me his 1985 Jeep comanche medal he recieved when production started.

My wag with a built 258 and 4-speed.

Waggy motor.

This Jerry from the AMC hoarder's place Jerry? Did Wade finally rub off on you?

Rob

Yes it is! And i believe he did! Wades comanche sucks! only because i don't own it. Ive ridden in it though and felt awkward pitching a tent in my pants that close to a dude..... :D

Yep. Do you remember what it looked like when we left?

It looks the same way. No one else has been in there since us.

Rob :roll:

Really???? Wow, thats crazy. Are they still wanting to sell and thin out the stash? I called the daughter a couple months afterward to try to get there another time but it didnt happen. Think her name was Jodie? I would love to have that gremlin in there.

Yep. They are still interested in selling off things, but the same BS applies. Last year someone on the group needed a COP 4.0 for their WJ. I knew there was one sitting there, so I talked to Jodi, and we agreed on $500. Week came to go pick it up, and her brother told her that it was worth $800, and that if she was selling it for $500, he would buy it himself. Explaining the situation to her, and how long that engine has been sitting... Tried convincing her, but her brother was pulling the puppet strings.

Know where that engine is now? Still sitting on the side of the garage.

I wish her brother in law that I worked with was in charge. If he was, we could probably walk away with the whole thing in exchange for taking stuff away.

Rob

Oh jeez! she kinda warned us that her brother was tougher to buy from, but thats crazy. :shake: I'm sure he stepped in afterwards and made everything gold plate priced. I was happy with what we got that day though. We didnt steal it, but we got a good price. Just wish i had more cash on me.

I'm also trying to build a '72 AMC Javelin. This is where most of my money goes. Been building an aluminum head AMC 360 for it which should put out around 450 hp. and ive patched all the rust and getting close to getting the body work done.