Fusible Link

Alright I have been putting up with electrical problems from the day I bought my MJ. 88' I6 4.0 no AC. I have replaced the battery, alternator and upgraded the wiring with Kelley's http://www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power/electric.html

I am still not getting any current through my ignition controlled acc line. I get 12 Vdc but can't run much. Some wire must be undersized. I am thinking it may be the fusible links I hear so much about but Where are the fusible links?

they are the big blck spots of rubber in the line. Its just a bump thats got a small wire in it. Just eliminate them out of the line and use the BIG fuses and fuse blocks they use on car stereo systems amps.

Cole

they are blue chunks of rubber about 3/4" thick. Normally right close to the ends of the wire.

I think mine has the PO of the PO did alot of little stuff like the prop valve was gone when I got it and the starter and alt was changed to aftermarket PPlus iyt was rebuilt so I think they may be blue stock. BUT they are chinks of rubber in the line that are easy to spot.

Cole

the fusible link isn't in the rubber chunk, that's just where they joined it to the primary wire.

The fusible links are attached to the starter relay, on the post. To test them, grab the rubber chunk and pull on it. A bad fusible link will pull apart.

You can get replacement fusible link wire at the parts store, looks just like regular wire, you'll have to put a terminal end on it and use a but connector to attach it to the primary wire in the truck. Don't try and solder it or you'll destroy the fusible link. The accepted size for a fusible link is 2 wire gauges smaller than the primary wire it's feeding.