'92 MJ 2WD AX-15 output shaft leak

Gjeep

Did a search with no luck...

Only leak under my '92 is coming out of the back of the AX-15 where the slip yoke goes in. The original seal was leaking spinning fluid in a circle (slow but steady drip). Replaced the output seal with a new Mopar seal that is 1/4" shorter than the original. And the leak is still there. Any experience with what's a good fix/ reason other than getting another yet another seal? Thanks

Have you scrutinized the surface of the slip yoke to be certain there are no burrs or

rough spots that could quickly harm a new seal? Suggest rub it with an extremely

fine polishing cloth (equivalent to 2000 grit) and then metal polish to be sure. You

may need to replace the seal again.

Have you scrutinized the surface of the slip yoke to be certain there are no burrs or rough spots that could quickly harm a new seal? Suggest rub it with an extremely fine polishing cloth (equivalent to 2000 grit) and then metal polish to be sure. You may need to replace the seal again.

I suspect G has already done that, si? Did you use sealant around the OD outer mating surface of the seal? Can you see if the leak is coming from the ID or OD of the seal? Had to do the similar pinion seal twice because I didn't use sealant on the OD the first time. :cheers:

I looked at the yoke and it was good. Did not put sealant on the outer edge of the seal when replaced. Leak is coming from the ID. Where was your leak coming from Don -- the OD?

Was coming from the outer edge on my pinion seal. But the pinion yoke isn't a slip yoke either, so :dunno:. I must have pulled my driveshaft ten times before getting the new D44 to stop leaking, but still there absolutely no leaks at the tranny slip yoke end.