Please Help with Custom Control Arms

I'm going to Build some Custom Control arms for my 2.5L 1986 Jeep Comanche x 4x4 and need some help with the specs, I'm going to do a 6 to 7 inch left, and i have a d30 up front I'm looking more at a Y-style control arms but for now please anyone with any blueprints or tech specs on sizes or in drawing please send them to me or email me if easier at littlezeeker1@gmail.com please send any info you have at all about any homemade control arms, size, set up, angles and etc.

Thank You All :wrench:

are you talking about fabbing up long arms? or just longer short arms?

also, at least up here in michigan, hand made suspension components aren't street legal. not sure if you intend to drive on the street, but if an arm were to fail and cause an accident, you would be liable for all injuries.

Lift......................LCA............./............UCA

********Decimal**Fraction**Decimal**Fraction

Stock........15.75.......15 ¾........15.00.......15

2”.............15.92.......16............14.88.......15

3”.............16.09.......16............14.92.......15

4”.............16.33.......16 3/8......15.03.......15

4.5”..........16.47.......16 ½........15.11.......15

5”.............16.62.......16 5/8......15.21.......15 ¼

6”.............16.97.......17............15.44.......15 ½

7”.............17.36.......17 3/8......15.74.......15 ¾

8”.............17.81.......17 ¾........16.09.......16

9”.............18.30.......18 ¼........16.50.......16 ½

10”...........18.82.......18 ¾........16.96.......17

There are a ton of choices with building control arms. You have short, mid and long arms. Every setup is going to be different depending on where you mount the arms to.

For my setup, I did a true 3-link long arm system. I made a new cross member and set it back slightly more than stock, I also stretched the front axle ~1.5". With that, my lowers are a 34 1/8" and uppers are 36 3/4", give or take 1/2". The arms are made from 2" OD by 1/4" wall DOM tubing. Mine are also built with Ballistic Fabrication joints at all 6 ends with adjustment only on the frame end.

The y-setup is a lot easier to build as you only have one frame mounting point. Just make sure the mounting points are at the same exact point on each side and all the arms are the same exact length. Unless you have experience with doing something like this, it might be easier to buy a set than build them. You really won't be saving much building them yourself vs buying a set (for comparison, I spent around $700 on mine but I built it big with the separations and lengths that I wanted).