ZJ radio help

boardmanMJ

I know this is comanche club and all but i figured id give it a shot and see if any of you guys can help me out. I have a 95 ZJ limited that i am wanted to put a stock radio in it because when i bought it, it had nothing in and i figured it would just be easier with a stock setup. I got a radio and all 6 speakers out of a junkyard and here is my problem; i can get the radio to light up and find different radio stations but i can't get ANY sound out of the speakers, not even static. The speakers all work cause i hooked them up to another stereo system and i got sound. I know the radio works cause i ran a jumper wire from the pins in the back of the radio to a speaker and i got sound. what else could it be? its an infinity gold system with a factory amp under the seat and that would be the only other thing i could think of that could be wrong.

Got to be the amplifier. Check and make sure it's getting voltage, and it's grounded. Pull the input connectors and see if you;re getting a signal there. If the results from above tests are good and you're not getting a signal out, then the amp's dead. Don't forget to check the amp for fuses.

my jeep did come factory with an amp and i checked all the fuses to make sure and every one (only found two) of them was fine. right now i only have the amp just sitting in there so I'm going to try and screw it down to the floorboards to see if it grounds through the screws. if it still doesnt ground I'm probably just going to bypass the amp completely cause its been nothing but a headache :fs1: