2.5 liter driving issues after warm

My truck starts and runs fine but after about 25 to 30 miles I can't give it more than half throttle without it bucking and stalling. I pulled the catalytic converter and found that the previous owner had gutted it. Now I am completely at a loss as to what could be causing this problem. Any ideas?

Mine did this after I got it. I changed all sorts of parts on it till I decided to take a chance and put in an O2 sensor. It fixed it right away, and it has ran great since. I'm not saying this is whats wrong with yours, but if you know it hasnt been changed in a long time, slap a new one in it and see what happens. Good luck, welcome to the club and let us know how it turns out!

^^^what he said :thumbsup:

Try unplugging your O2 sensor and driving it to see if the problem goes away. If it does, replace it.

I had a random problem like yours once when I was still running the 2.5, chased it for over a month trying to figure it out. One day as it was acting up, I popped the hood and started unplugging things to try to diagnose. As soon as I pulled the O2 connector apart the idle smoothed out and it ran normally. I drove it unplugged for a couple months, then plugged it in and it ran normally again for a bit then started acting up again. Replaced the sensor and never had the problem again.

Jeff

I unplugged the O2 sensor and still had the same issue. When it starts stumbling I push in the clutch and rev the motor and it will rev to about 3000 rpms and then loads up and backfires. My neighbor asked if I checked the temp switch :dunno: could that be the problem?

By the way thanks for the welcome :cheers:

Ok I pulled the fuel pump and the screen was clean. I replaced the fuel filter the same time the pump was replaced about 2 months ago. I checked the CTS and MAT and both checked out good.

My problem is money is really tight so I can't afford to just replace all the sensors :wall: right now so I need to narrow this problem down.

I unplugged the O2 sensor and it drove fine until it got hot and then any throttle over half and I looked like a 16 year old kid learning to drive a stick :doh:

Any ideas???