Fuel cell

As some of you know I am putting an exo and tube bed on my rig. I am doing the research part of the fuel cell thing now. Have any of you successfully done this? If so what tank and fuel pump did you use?

I did a bunch of research over on Pirate, and kept coming up with the ES2000 for a pump, but according to info I pulled out of the napa store, it doesn't have enough fuel pressure. BTW there are 2 different pumps listed in the napa book for a 90 4.0. The Warbo, flows 18gph, at 65 psi, and the other is a Bosch that flows 45 GPH, at 90-110 psi :shock: So any help on this would be appreciated.

Patrick

You could use your stock pump, depending on the cell. Most however, won't allow it. There's a thread on pirate to make a TJ pump fit in a cell, though.

And avoid mounting an aluminum cell by the 'ears' as you'll break all the welds. Straping it in place with something with a bit of give will prevent this.

I thought about using the stock pump, but do the fact that I don't want to "modify" a new tank to make it work. I have read a bunch of stiff on many boards, so I think I am going to go with the E2000, with a poly cell with foam, and the holley dual pick up system.

Patrick