Pros / Cons of the V8 TRE upgrade?

Seeing as how I'm going to have to fiddle around with the steering soon (read: sooner than later :ack: ) I figured I'd do a bit of searching on the pros and cons of upgrading to a ZJ TRE and such parts.

Question is:

What exactly are the pros of having the V8 ZJ linkage under there, other than it being more heavy duty than the 4/6 Cyl. linkage? Are there any downsides to upgrading to this linkage (other than increased price for parts) and could there be any downsides down the road?

Offhand question - Going to need to adjust my track bar soon (probably replace it, seeing as how it's going on 25 years...) does anyone recommend specific replacements?

Other than a little extra weight, the V8 tie rod is externally the same as your stock rod. There really is no con to using it. As far as track bar, if yours is original, there is no adjustment. Just replace it. Others may chime in as to which brand may be better. When you replace it, check the frame side bracket for tightness as well, and youll be good.

Other than a little extra weight, the V8 tie rod is externally the same as your stock rod. There really is no con to using it. As far as track bar, if yours is original, there is no adjustment. Just replace it. Others may chime in as to which brand may be better. When you replace it, check the frame side bracket for tightness as well, and youll be good.

Cool. :cheers: