rerar bumper mounbting problem

Doesn't the new bumper have mounts already on it? If it doesn't and your supposed to furnish your own then;

1, If your current bumper is stock and in good shape then don't cut it up. There are others who can use it. It's not that hard to fabricate a set of mounts.

2. If it is bent all to H*ll or rusted out, then cut the mother.

the original bumper is off has a dent on the right side the corners are good I'm having problem with the new bumper mounting cause its shorter then the original and the new brackets have no where to go besides the flimsy sheet metal peice behind the original bumper and under the tailgate

here is the bumper-

and here is a close up of the dent-

I'm not sure what's going on from your post -- you are aware that the factory bumper mounting brackets bolt to the frame rails, right? And that aftermarket bumpers typically require removing the factory brackets and bolting the new bumper to the frame using the same mounting points.

How did you get the old bumper off if you didn't remove the factory mounting brackets?

Universal brackets are available from Westin (Fey):

http://westin.iwebcat.com/v5/Members/lo ... nting+Kit&

original mounting brackets were completly rotted and i got one of my friends fabricating me new ones for the tubular bumper because the new bumper hardware sits dead in the middle so i need a 1/4 inch thick roll pan basically so you don't see the undercarriage and that the bumper sits centered and straight and i still can have some where to put my license plate

You have to be careful and do research on parts for your truck. Alot of parts places sell Cherokee items and think they also fit our Comanches. Pretty much Cherokee parts fit from the cab foward, but from the bed back to the rear it's Comanche only (such as fuel tank/sender, axle, springs, bumpers) If you are not sure just post it up here and someone will let you know, These guys really know thier trucks. I have learned so much from this site.