donor XJ

I found a complete 94 XJ, 4x4, 4.0 5 speed that is being parted out. I would at least like the transmission for my 88 MJ. What all do I need to take from the Cherokee to make that work? And, is there anything else I should grab while I'm there? Is the rear end worth taking (assuming its the 8.25)?

Thanks for all help/suggestions :bowdown:

grab everything associated with the trans and inside the bellhousing: including the trans crossmember, shifter, bellhousing guts, and even the t-case (different input spline count).

unless it's been altered from stock, the rear is a worthless 3.07 ratio.

grab everything associated with the trans and inside the bellhousing: including the trans crossmember, shifter, bellhousing guts, and even the t-case (different input spline count).

Thanks...hopefully I can get it all

Is this a more or less bolt-on job, or is there some kind of fabricating or "customizing" that needs to be done?

goes right in if rust doesn't get in your way. you will need a different pilot bearing/bushing, and the new crossmember goes in a different spot, but I'm told there are holes there already.

the Ax-15 is the same length as the peugeot, so your driveshafts will still work as they do now.