88 4.0 desperate need of help

88 Comanche Pioneer 4.0 Auto 130000 miles.

Stuck in South Dakota with no vehicle. So far I have replaced;

Ignition switch

Fuel pump ballast

Fuel filter

Spark plugs

Spark plug wires

Dist Cap

Rotor

Ignition Coil

Crankshaft position sensor

The truck still turns over and runs while the key is in the start position but as I release the key to the run position it dies out. I have to drive back to Colorado in a week and am needing to get this truck running again so I can at-least make it home. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Try swapping out your fuel pump relay; sounds like it's not latching when you go back to the RUN position. To verify have a helper with a volt meter monitor the voltage at the fuel pump terminals and verify that B+ voltage remains at the pump when you go to the RUN position.

Forgot to mention I replaced all 4 relays in the relay center as well as cleaned all connections with quick dry electrical cleaner. Should I still check anyway? I also had run a jump wire from the battery to the fuel pump wiring. When I put the wire to the first terminal the pump runs. At the second terminal there is nothing and the third Is the ground so I didn't put the jump wire to it.

Problem solved. There is a problem with the fuel pump relay housing. Ran a jump wire from the pos terminal to the switched wire on the relay and she started right up. $800 bucks in unnecessary parts later the Comanche is back in business. All I needed was $10 bucks in 12 gauge primary wire and a toggle switch and I would have been mobile two months ago.

Problem solved. There is a problem with the fuel pump relay housing. Ran a jump wire from the pos terminal to the switched wire on the relay and she started right up. $800 bucks in unnecessary parts later the Comanche is back in business. All I needed was $10 bucks in 12 gauge primary wire and a toggle switch and I would have been mobile two months ago.

Amazing. Fuel pump relay problem.