Difference in Valve Covers? (For the 2.5)

Need some help here amigos. I know that there's a varying degree in difference from the Renix I6 Valve Covers vs. the HO I6 ones (better baffle systems, larger holes for CCV etc etc.) but I needed to know if the 2.5 Valve covers changed at all (because I have oil leaking from all 3 of the top hole points on my MJ)

From what I can gather there was only one type of valve cover for the 2.5 from 86-mid 90's(?) and it seems prone to most of the problems that plague the Renix era I6 covers. Is there some other upgraded cover that the 2.5's came with? If so, would pulling them from YJ's (early - mid 90's) be my best bet in getting myself one, and does anyone have a picture of one?

As always, I value everyone's input :bowdown:

I useda 94 wrangler 2.5 on mine.. I got the little fitting on the side of it that screwed in for the CCV system... It was the vacuum part, and the back of the cover I just got some heater hose from auto zone and a hose clamp and rigged it to the back of the air filter housing.. I got new bolts and washers also, because the old bolts will not fit on the 94's valve cover..

Hope this helped, I did have a picture... It's in my build thread, got the project thread and go to 1987 jeep comanche chief and there are pics there.

I useda 94 wrangler 2.5 on mine.. I got the little fitting on the side of it that screwed in for the CCV system... It was the vacuum part, and the back of the cover I just got some heater hose from auto zone and a hose clamp and rigged it to the back of the air filter housing.. I got new bolts and washers also, because the old bolts will not fit on the 94's valve cover..

Hope this helped, I did have a picture... It's in my build thread, got the project thread and go to 1987 jeep comanche chief and there are pics there.

Ah... sweet. Thanks! Have you noticed any difference from upgrading to the 94 cover instead of the 87 one?

Not yet, my idle was a little rough before it though... I had some blowby, but don't anymore. Plus I didn't have to be so careful about cracking it... I cracked two that I tried to put on since they were so old, so I wanted aluminum and it's much better