Introduction and a few quick questions!

Hey everyone! Well I just joined the forum but ive been prowling around here for some time reading articles and locating information. What brings me to the MJ forum you ask? I (up until last Thursday) was the owner of a 2004 Unlimited "TJ-8 Scrambler" that I was building with a retro/modern theme. My wife and I recently relocated from PA to FL a few months ago and everything was going great, job and all, until my Jeep went missing. Long story short, the LJ is gone and I'm trying to find a replacement.

Now, I'm looking for an MJ to build into something different. To date, ive owned 13 Jeeps so I'm pretty familiar with them but I have never owned an MJ before. Ive owned several XJ's, but never the pleasure of owning a Jeep truck :D. I was looking for some input from the experts regarding what to look for in regards to an MJ when looking over one. I found an 88 2WD long bed MJ for sale locally with a 4.0, 5 speed and 114K miles. Ive received pictures from the owner and it looks to be in decent shape. here's the description the owner gave in the listing:

"I have a nice 88 jeep comanche. Great shape for the year. Don't leak smoke or burn oil. Runs great, drives great. 114K miles.

New water pump thermostat. 5 speed 2wd. 4.0 I6

Good on gas and lots of fun to drive. Has flowmaster original 40 dual exhaust.

All maintenance done in may.

Ready to go drive anywhere. Ac and heat work great."

The drivers side floor looks like it has a rot hole and theres a bit of surface rust under there. The owner said hes never pulled the carpet up so I get the feeling the floor pan is shot. Really not a big deal but I'm without a welder here in FL. So essentially guys, what are some key things to pay attention to in regards to the MJ? Thanks a ton! I look forward to being a part of the community

RockMJ

I kind of answered my own question I guess. I found the MJ Tip thread and I'm reading through it right now. But any pointers would be great. I'm going to look the Jeep over on Saturday so any specific info would be great. Thanks guys!

RockMJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the late reply but yes I got my first MJ! An 88 2WD LB with the 4.0/BA-10/35 combo. Its in excellent shape body wise but it needs an interior makeover. I am located in FL and that reminds me, I have to update my location lol. Thanks!

RockMJ

FL is a big placed, I'm in Milton which is considered lower AL. bbe

Very true lol. I'm over by Tampa, FL. And here is a picture for you guys! Nothing special right now but its super clean on the outside and its a great platform

223780_10150241812199998_695089997_7341019_4244242_n.jpg

198801_10150241812764998_695089997_7341022_5780995_n.jpg

270195_10150241813079998_695089997_7341023_2816942_n.jpg

Ill be starting a build thread shortly. Much like all the other Jeeps before this one, its going to get some very nice stuff done to it :D

RockMJ