Broken Lower Shock mount + more

Well started looking over manche today/night, and found out it has a broken front driver side lower shock mount. Is this a common problem with comanches? If so, how would I go about fixing it, have tried to weld it back together and it just broke again. :( Also, how do I tell if the rear leaf springs are stock? My passenger side one is broken and I would like to replace it asap. I am sure I will have more questions for ya'll as time continues. I hope somebody will be able to help me. Thank you in advance fellow comanche owners.

Make sure the area is really clean when you weld it and put a nice bead down, it shouldn't break again. Those brackets are just stamped metal and can be easily welded together (I've done it a few times to fix broken brackets).

IMO I would stay away from rustys products. I have heard nothing but bad things about them. I would just clean up your old mount weld it then add some 1/8"x1" flat stock to beef it up.

:agree: clean it up reallllll good then take pics of it welded back on :wrench:

IMO I would stay away from rustys products. I have heard nothing but bad things about them. I would just clean up your old mount weld it then add some 1/8"x1" flat stock to beef it up.

Please elaborate on adding flat stock.

There's nothing really wrong with the Rusty's parts except the price, I have never had an issue with their products.

With that being said, if you want to find replacement brackets that are a good upgrade, Ballistic Fabrication is a good option. The first option of the link below is the mounts you want. The only issue with Ballistic Fab is you might be waiting a week or two for the parts to come in. Also, if you search Pirate4x4.com, you should be able to find a 10% off coupon someplace to add on to the savings.

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/XJ- ... _1542.html

You might want to think about just replacing that bracket vs fixing it as the mount holes are all cracked and broken also. Unless you really beef them up, it'll end up just breaking on you again later on down the line.