Temperature Sending Unit for the guage?

My truck is a 1988 Comanche 2.5 liter with the AW4 transmission, 2 wheel drive. I just recently picked up an instrument cluster out of a 1990 Cheroke with the 4.0 and auto with 4x4 and was unable to figure out which was the sending unit.

So my question is, where the heck is it located on my 2.5 engine? I've ordered in a brand spanking new one from NAPA and I can't find anything with a similiar plug on it. Of course, I only specified that I wanted the sending unit for a real temperature guage and not the switch for the idiot light, so without knowing what it's supposed to look like I'm just guessing I have the correct part...

Long story short, a link, a picture, or a diagram would be greatly appretiated. Also while I'm on the topic, is the oil sending unit the same one for a 90 Cheroke 4.0 and the 88 Comanche 2.5? My oil guage seems to have a full range of movement but running hot or cold never seems to move much off the 1/4 mark on the darned metric guage.

Thank you in advance.

Should be top side driver next to the valve cover in for idoit light, drive side below exhuast by the knock is for the ECU. The factory one if equip was in the Therostat houseing.

The thermostat housing is 91+ only. A Renix will not have come with a sensor in the thermostat housing. Renix ones had three sensors. The small one in the driver's side back of the head for the cluster, one in the bottom driver's side of the block for the ECU, and one in the radiator if equipped with an aux fan.

The sensor for the gauge simply replaces the one for the dummy light. Be very careful when removing and installing these, as they can twist off with no warning.