Control arm replacement

Can I just remove the LCAs and bolt new ones in their place without worrying about alignment? Is it as simple as unbolting them and bolting in new arms? I had the axle side off last week but never touched the uni-body side. The bushings need replaced so I am just buying new arms with bushings for $35 each.

If it's the same length arms then you'll have no issues just swapping them out. The reason that you need to realign the truck after a lift is that the drag link and tie rod bars now have a steeper angle and push the tires inwards.

I bought a set of WJ control arms, but haven't gotten around to installing them yet, as I have no access to grinding/cutting equipment at my apartment. Might be another thing to think about - apparently they provide a nice upgrade, once you make them fit.

That's to press the bushings outa the sleeves. you can easily knock the whole bushing/sleeve assembly out by setting the arm on a 2x4, and a couple good whacks from a hammer will take her right out. New bushings from auto parts store will have new bushings with new inner and outer sleeves already on em! I think I paid $25 a side for spicer,(Original manufacturer!), bushings for the wifes ZJ, at auto zone, or advance. (Can't remember which)

Tip: If your LCA bushings are shot, chances are good the UCA bushings are too. You should do them all at once if you can. Makes a world of difference. Unfortunately the UCA front bushings are pressed into the axle brackets, and there isn't much room to whack them out. You can burn them out, or build a $5 press from threaded rod and some plumbing fittings. But they should all be replaced, uppers and lowers. :cheers:

Tip: If your LCA bushings are shot, chances are good the UCA bushings are too. You should do them all at once if you can. Makes a world of difference. Unfortunately the UCA front bushings are pressed into the axle brackets, and there isn't much room to whack them out. You can burn them out, or build a $5 press from threaded rod and some plumbing fittings. But they should all be replaced, uppers and lowers. :cheers:

:agree: You'll be amazed at how much nicer it'll drive with all new bushings too!