help me! blower problem

ok I know what I have is a "cherokee" problem but technically the part is installed in my mj so it becomes a "mj" problem.

in my 88 comanche some of you know that i have the drivetrain and complete interior out of a 99 cherokee in my truck and I have a problem that I cannot figure out, the ac/heater blower will not shut off or switch from level 4 (high) it will not turn off with the blend door switch like its supposed to when I shut that one off but it will shut off with the key, and my ac compressor continues to cycle even with the switch off, you don't have to tell me to try to change the blower resistor or the climate control or blower relay or even the ac clutch relay because ive tried all of this with no results............

What else is there to change?

Unless you've 'been there, done it' it's really hard to trouble shoot electrical problems by email. You really need a wiring diagram of the set up and a multi meter, altho just a test light will work. Don't use a helter skelter approach. Be systematic. Start someplace. The climate control panel, or the blower motor. Study the diagram and see what a component needs in order to work. Then see if it's getting it. Example; take the fan control switch. Turn it off. Ign sw off. There shouldn't be any voltage to the sw. Now turn the ign sw on. There should be 12 Volts to the fan sw but no voltage out. Now turn the sw to the first position. There should be voltage out. This is why you need a wiring diagram to know which sw pos is which. Do this with every part in the system, electrical and vacuum. I don't have a diagram for a '99 so I can't help. They are available online and perhaps Hornbrod or automan can jump in with a link. Sure wish I had there memories. If there is anybody here that can help you they most certainly will. Just the fact that there has been 50 views and no help tells you that you're in new territory. :dunno: Good luck Jim

Oh, and don;t go just changing parts to be changing. Hunt an peck I call it. Make sure the part is defective before changing it.

and my ac compressor continues to cycle even with the switch off

Are you saying the A/C compressor continues to cycle without the ignition key on, or without the A/C (climate control) on?

The A/C clutch is controlled by one wire from the engine bay harness, and can also be controlled by the system pressure switch attached to the evaporator/dryer. If there is activity when the switch is off then you have a short that is providing power in some other way. Jim is correct - a multimeter and patience is the key.

Are you saying the A/C compressor continues to cycle without the ignition key on, or without the A/C (climate control) on?

engine running, climate control off and my ac compressor still cycles and my fan blows on high no matter what, the only thing thats shuts either off is by shutting the key off

how about the hvac switch?

isn't that the same as the climate control? if so I have already tried it

Oh, and don;t go just changing parts to be changing. Hunt an peck I call it. Make sure the part is defective before changing it.

I did that because i can do so without buying new parts, I have another jeep with the same parts installed that I know work so I was able to try them without wasting money on new parts that I didnt need.