Air Supply Hose? - 2.5 I4

I've been scouring the internet and every piece of literature on the I4 2.5 engine's and I can't seem to find an answer to my question. The circled hose runs from the front of the head straight to the back of the air filter box, and from what my research shows, it's referred to as an "Air Supply Hose" :hmm: What my problem is, is that I've tried to find information on how to take it out, and install another one (if there is such a thing) or if the hose is simply just a pvc hose connected from the head to the box, and is an easy replacement. I can't find what many manuals refer to it as an Air Supply Hose for sale anywhere, and when I try to look up different namings, I come back with no results. As you can see from the picture, the hose in question is being held together by ratty old tape, and is in serious need of replacing.

Does anyone know what this hose is called, where I might find a replacement (either another dubious "air supply hose", or another simple replacement) and how I might go about replacing it? If you do, I'd be forever indebted to you. :bowdown:

Query CCV instead of PCV. The Renix era 2.5 and 4.0 did not have a PCV system per se, rather they had a 2.4mm (?) "metered orifice." There was a TSB on the 4.0s on oil in the airbox and AMC/Mopar had a set of replacement hoses kitted to deal with it.

Looking at the pic I bet one from a 4.0 would probably fit, or at least be close enough to make work.

That is what the manual calls the Air Supply Hose, they are not available as new parts, I have searched high and low. Your tube over to the air cleaner box does not appear to be routed properly. The CCV (crank case ventilation) is the smaller tube on the back of the valve cover that goes to the throttle body. I found a good used one from the junk yard and carefully installed in on my valve cover, sealed the rubber elbow with RTV when I installed it.

That is what the manual calls the Air Supply Hose, they are not available as new parts, I have searched high and low. Your tube over to the air cleaner box does not appear to be routed properly. The CCV (crank case ventilation) is the smaller tube on the back of the valve cover that goes to the throttle body. I found a good used one from the junk yard and carefully installed in on my valve cover, sealed the rubber elbow with RTV when I installed it.

The air supply hose from the front of the head runs underneath the breather hose to the back of the filter box house. I don't know whether this was the original placement for it, but all I know is that it works for now (until I get a replacement hose). But I appreciate the feedback from you both nonetheless. :bowdown: