Misc electrical problems!!

I have no reverse lights.... Well I have the bulbs in the tail lights, but no worky. They have only worked once when then the stopped working the next day it was strange because I didnt do anything is there a plug on the trans or some sensor that could be out?

also my turn signals are acting strange... they work but when I turn my headlights on the inst panel says the right one is on constant but when you look it is not on as it should be like the left one running lights???? :doh: I hate electical issues any ideas??

thanks guys :cheers:

The reserve lights could be the ground behind the drivers side tail light. The turn signal light on the dash is telling you that you have a burnt out parking light. Could be front or rear.

The reverse light problem could also be the NSS going out. Ever have any problems getting the truck to start when in park?

The reserve lights could be the ground behind the drivers side tail light. The turn signal light on the dash is telling you that you have a burnt out parking light. Could be front or rear.

The reverse light problem could also be the NSS going out. Ever have any problems getting the truck to start when in park?

well its a 5 speed so no park

ill check the ground and the parking lights. the front passenger side parking light won't turn on when head lights are on but the bulb is good.

:cheers:

Check the sockets for corrosion too. It can cause all kinds of lighting ghosts. Also your reverse switch could be bad. Unplug it from the trans and jump the terminals and see if they work,

do I jump the plug or the terminal on the trans? what should I Jump it with?

Replace your turn signal sockets with later model XJ all metal sockets. When the ground on the OE plastic socket goes bad it grounds through the cluster, causing your turn signal indicator to stay on. You can either pull the tail light socket from an XJ (I think all years were metal tail light sockets) or find a '93ish XJ and pull the turn signal indicator lights.

I did the driver's side 6 months ago and just spliced in a new pass side socket last week.