Comanche AC

hey guys my question is does someone make a aftermarket air conditioner that would work for a comanche?my jeep doesnt have ac from the factory, and I'm sure its goin to be a real pain in the butt to try to find and install the proper factory parts, someone told me a while back that a company makes a little uinit that would work good , any suggestions would be great .

thanks eric

I added AC to mine with all the parts from a donor. I did have to do a little wiring though as all the factory wires werent there in my 87 2.5. My 87 did have an unused plug though that was meant for adding dealer installed AC. Some of the wires I needed were there, so I followed an original factory service manual wiring diagram and made the rest of the harness I needed. The dash side of things had all of the AC wires already there, so I just plugged in the donor HVAC housings original wiring to my dash wiring and that side was done. If you get parts from a junkyard donor, when you tear the dash out to get to the HVAC housing be sure to get as much attached wiring to the HVAC box as you can, and the controls and cables. You don't even have to unhook the cables from the box, just get it all together. I had a mouse house in mine, so I took it apart a little and cleaned it and hosed it down with Lysol to disinfect it before putting it in my truck. If you get the parts from a pullapart yard, this will give you the experience you need to take yours apart without worrying about breaking anything. Youll also need the compressor, compressor bracket, alternator bracket, all the lines and hoses, reciever dryer, and condensor, and then have it professionally converted to R134a refrigerant (which consists of adapter ports for the original ports), and have it evacuated and recharged. You may still have issues after that especially if youre using 15-20 year old parts, but at least youll be on the right track. Good luck.