getting around to unfinished busieness I have ??

Ok so I got my IRO track bar in the mail and started looking around the front end and remembered that I have a bran new rear main seal and felpro pan gasket, also I have a front differential gasket so I guess ill pull the pan and do the rear main seal does anyone have any advise for me on the rear main seal?

Also I was wondering what gear lube to put in the fron differential because I might as well change that fluid out. :???:

I was also wondering how important the correct torques on the rear main seal and pan are?

Thanks in advance for the help guys :cheers:

I just did my rear main seal and oil pan, mine is 2WD so it wasn't so bad. Once you get the pan down you have to remove the rear bearing cap, the seal is a pain in the @$$ 2 piece deal. Once you get the bearing cap off you should be able to take a small punch and walk the upper part of the seal around the crank, but DO NOT scratch the crank. They want you to put a small amount of sealer were the 2 parts of the seals meet. I can look it up tomorrow for the specs and were the sealer needs to be, i did mine like 2 months ago... so don't remember the torque or the placement of the sealer.

As for the axle.... can't help ya but i will see what they call for and let you know

:headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

Still won't budge!!!!!!!!!!! I have been pounding on it for an hour and a half! I don't know what to do now....... My parts store can get a me a new one for 93.00 bucks of i trash this one with the sledge!!! but that is going to cut into the beer fund....

Any ideas?

Before you use the cutter on it tap a flat screw driver in between the pan & block (Gently) in a couple places along a 6 inch space and apply a little pressure on the screw driver (just wiggle it up and down). Just don't bend the hell out of the pan. Then rap it with a rubber hammer near that spot and see if it pots loose.

Before you use the cutter on it tap a flat screw driver in between the pan & block (Gently) in a couple places along a 6 inch space and apply a little pressure on the screw driver (just wiggle it up and down). Just don't bend the hell out of the pan. Then rap it with a rubber hammer near that spot and see if it pots loose.

I'm not realy going to cut it :doh:

Thanks for the tip...... I already tried the screwdriver thing and if I try it again I'm not going to be gentle with the pan...... I'm going to stop for the night with the oil pan still stuck. Ill try again in the morning.. 1st ill try to be nice and save the pan and my wallet.... then if it won't give I'm pulling out the trusty 32oz ball pean and a monster flat head THE GLOVES ARE OFF OIL PAN I'M COMING FOR YOU!!!!! :hateputers:

yep I have hit it from every angle front corners back corners sides in front and in back tried to get the screw driver in on every avalable side it will not move......I put a dent on it with the rubber hammer thats when I decided to wait till morning that was after 2 hours of pounding..... it isn't damaged to the piont I need a new one yet.......YET. like I said my parts store can get a shiny new one for $93.00 if I fail at removing it without any major damage..... It wouldn't be the worst thing that has happened... however I do plan on wirebrushing and painting the old one so it will look new if I ever get it off :thwak:

thanks for all the advise :cheers: keep it coming guys image_209027.gif

I have read that if the pan has never been off they can be EXTREMELY difficult to budge. Try getting a small putty knife (flat, but wider than a screwdriver) and tap that in with the hammer in a few different spots and pry gently.