purple box under the dash

Jeezus Creezus did you guys go to school??

antidisestablishmentarianism the H happened to the H. Prolly just mist it. Prolly

I've never seen a purple box, and I've been through 2 XJ's and an MJ, but if it says Dana on it it's likely something to do with the light for the axle (Part Time, Full Time) or it's a relay or...I dunno...what year?

There are lots of differences with FI and electric between <90 and 91>. Please include that info, all XJ's are not created equally.

OK,

Is it a vacuum disco axle or not? I know my 90 XJ is...and I think that some 91's were. I'll go out and look. But I'd bet you a nickel it has something to do with the light. I don't really know enough about the light switch to know for sure.

Pete??

...OK, I just went out to look under the dash in the XJ (90). All I see is the yellow box (cruise), the aluminum box (ECU) some relays, blue, white, black and a blue box in the fuse block area with a plastic stud on the end of it. I didn't get a great look as we're having a kick @$$ T-Storm here and it's hailing and raining but I did not see anything I would call purple

I'm driving the XJ to work tomorrow and I'll look again...or maybe I should look at the 88 MJ???

If you can read and follow the wiring diagrams in the FSM, I would remove the purple box and trace the wires to year source. Clip and then repair the factory harness by soldering and heat shrink.

Then buy the OEM Mopar cruise set up. No splices and is factory stuff. A little expensive, but much better than any aftermarket. Helped install one on my folks 93XJ. Works great! I think jeepsareus or Morris 4x4 center should have one for you.