Which Cherokee windows will fit the Comanche?

I know there isn't always an easy way to cross-reference Jeep parts because of the number of different models and available "trim", but here's hoping:

Can anyone give me an easy cross-reference on which Cherokee windows will fit a 1991 Comanche longbed 4X4? Specifically trying to make it easier to replace side glass, vent windows, windshield (bought the truck to restore and someone was good enough to break ALL the glass...) and it is so much easier to find a donor Cherokee than the appropriate Comanche. Thanks for any help!

All 1984 to 1996 XJ windshields and front door glass, 4 door only, will direct swap. From '97 up I.m not sure. I believe all the way to '01 will swap. Some one that knows for sure is certain to pipe in.

97-01 Windshield are the same as well, however the door glass is different. 97-01 have just one window in the door, as opposed to the 84-96 having two.

84-96 Front 4 door XJ doors are literally the same part as MJ doors. They will swap directly. 97-01 4 door front doors will go on with slight modification.

Vents - either stationary or moving. I got my movable vents for my 88 MJ from a 94 XJ.

Rollups - same window

Not so sure about the windshield, top of the cab is shaped slightly differently, but probably fit in the hole.

Back doors & hatch - Ha Ha - thought you had me there huh?! :D

• 3 weeks later...

OK...please excuse the brainfart - I listed my Comanche in the original post as a 1991 but it is actually a '90 (all other info is correct). Based on the model years ('84-'96) of Cherokees given as potential "glass donors" for my MJ, I believe the info will be the same...but just in case - is there any difference in fit between a '90 and '91 Comanche (not to my knowledge, but again just being safe) or can I use the same donor vehicles? Thanks for the help!

The cab of the MJ was never changed. A windshield out of any XJ or MJ will fit in any XJ or MJ. Door glass is the same between all year MJs and 84-96 4 door XJs. Although there may be a difference between manual and automatic windows... not sure.

Thanks for the confirmation, by the way!

I am working on restoring the '90 Comanche because someone STOLE and destroyed my awesome '87 MJ last summer. Still trying to recover from the loss of my truck! As far as justice goes, though, the thief (or one of them) is currently in jail. An interesting story...I'll have to post it someday...