Guage swap - temp sending unit question

I swapped my dummy cluster out for one with gauges, everything is working good except I can't find the correct temperature sending unit.

the one the parts store gave me for a 4.0 with gauges looks like this:

the connecter i have in my comanche looks like this:

now these connections do not mate up. Did i get the wrong temp switch or is there some simple solution that i have overlooked?

thanks

I dunno. Mines made of brass or copper but its also the Sun Pro gauge set so i guess its gonna look different. Not to drift off topic,but I have a slight confusion on where to install mine at. Theres the thing on top of the engine towards the rear of the block,Looks like what youre pointing at in the pic.....but ive heard it goes in just below the exhaust manifold .....so in the meantime ,Mines laying on top of the manifold. So my temp reads about 190 just laying on it. :mad:

I swapped my dummy cluster out for one with gauges, everything is working good except I can't find the correct temperature sending unit.

the one the parts store gave me for a 4.0 with gauges looks like this:

the connecter i have in my comanche looks like this:

now these connections do not mate up. Did i get the wrong temp switch or is there some simple solution that i have overlooked?

thanks

• 1 month later...

:waving: Imin the exact same boat, well sorta ....I installed a new set of sunpro gauges, & its all hooked up working good Except my temp unit. Its also laying ontop. I plan on installing it just below the manifold kinda towards the front,just havent done it yet.